An automotive company that specializes in aftermarket suspension solutions was looking for a urethane bushing to replace a rubber bushing used in a suspension application. The rubber bushing was too hard, made noise, and did not bond well to the aluminum insert used in the application.
Kryptane Systems' Solution
Kryptane Systems provided the automotive company with urethane samples of multiple hardnesses. After testing, they selected a particular urethane that was silent, provided a softer ride, and bonded well to the aluminum insert. They immediately ramped up production and started installation of their chosen urethane bushings in their application.
Because of the quality and dependability of Kryptane’s urethane solutions, the automotive company continues to look to Krytpane as their urethane specialist, routinely purchasing other urethane products. They are also tailoring the performance of their parts using Kryptane urethane.
Kryptane Systems achieves a zero defect standard and extends useful life of this custom precision roller, dramatically reducing testing time and replacement cost in this mission critical data center equipment.
A supplier of precision OEM components for computer hardware needed a solution for sensitive robotic components in a data center environment. This capital equipment served mission critical applications for Fortune 500 companies around the world.
The manufacturer demanded a zero defect standard. This precision roller carries a 25 lb load, traveling over 10 Million linear inches without failure. The previous manufacturer’s rollers were delaminating, leading the customer to reject the components at a 10 to 15% failure rate in pre-installation testing. In the field, the former supplier’s rollers failed 5% of the time – unacceptable to this high quality manufacturer and well outside of the specified standards.
Kryptane Systems' Solution
The customer turned to Kryptane Systems to solve this problem. Kryptane’s meticulous testing process showed several areas for improvement. Results showed that the bearing required intensive pre-treatment of the roller components to eliminate the delamination problem.
The Kryptane solution was a success. Today, the Kryptane precision roller maintains a zero failure rate in the field and less than 1% in pre-installation testing, restoring the manufacturer’s confidence and achieving significant cost savings.
Precision Roller Specifications:
• .75" diameter roller with .062" thick urethane tire running on a round rail less than .25" wide.
• Roller supports a 25 lb load rolling on a contact patch about 0.1" wide at 1.2 miles per hour (540 RPM) for over 150 miles.
• The extended life of the Kryptane rollers allowed the customer to increase the design life specification, yielding a significant reduction in life cycle cost.
• Kryptane components proved so reliable the client reduced testing requirements from 100% to testing a 3% sample while reducing field failures to zero – a significant cost savings.
• Over 100,000 Kryptane rollers have been produced and delivered.